Woman needs reconstructive surgery after Oceana assault

Another sick attack

Police are looking for clubbers who may have witnessed a serious assault that left a woman needing reconstructive surgery.

A woman was left with a seriously injured ear after she was attacked in the R&B room of Oceana, sometime between 1:00 am and 2:45 am on 21st January 2015. She will require reconstructive surgery for her injuries.

The assault took place during what was supposed to be a celebratory New Year’s masquerade ball at the club on Lower Parliament Street.

First year student Tom said: “All these attacks make me scared to go out in Nottingham. I only want to receive a punch of the fruity variety.”

It has not been a great time for Notts party goers of late, after a student was attacked outside Oceana in September leaving him in a coma for days.

Another violent assault occurred on December 14th outside Forum on Burton Street and a man was beaten to death near Bodega on Saturday night.

Anyone with any information should call the police on 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously citing the incident number 000637-07012015.