Revealed: The best courses to get laid

Ever wondered which subjects have the most extreme boy:girl ratios? We have the answers…

For many students, finding a partner is one of the primary aims of university life. For others, being as promiscuous as is physically and sexually possible is just as important. Either way, uni is a place for flirting, preening and hunting for sex.

With 32% of students marrying their university sweetheart, which courses are best for maximising your chances of securing that long-term partner? And which subjects are perfect for those who are after the wild, adventurous and possibly infectious life of sustained sexual promiscuity?

From Computer Science to Pyschology, here are the courses with the most extreme gender ratios…

Computer Science

Looking for a boyfriend? Computer science is a staggering 88% male, making it THE place to be for hubby-hunting.

Just ask Elina Desaine, the Official Horniest Student in the UK, who said that she used her position in the computer science club to pick up boys.

Not only do computer science students have pretty good job prospects, they are also notoriously useful in times of wifi problems, laptop malfunctions and illegal streaming.

Throw in the fact that these guys make excellent gamers and it’s clear that computer science is the place to go if you’re looking to CTRL + F a top-notch bloke.

Just another day in Computer Science. Sort of.

Nursing, Midwifery and Physiotherapy

Shockingly, Nursing and Midwifery is a female dominated subject. 83% of its students are women, making it a course which is bound to deliver the boys a girlfriend.

Whilst having a midwife as a partner will undoubtedly make you a popular couple for expecting friends, the crowning glory is surely the fact that you know any potential baby will be in safe hands.

Yeah, you fellas aren’t too fussed about that now, but just you wait. When little Junior is days from birth, you’ll be glad you Called the Midwife.

Perfect if you’re looking for a childbirth expert

Engineering

74% of the 3,209 engineering students at Nottingham are male, so the odds are against them finding a similarly minded spouse.

Chris Griffiths, a third-year student, found it so hard to find a girl that he was forced to take desperate measures: “Engineering is such a sausage fest that I had to resort to going out with a politics student.”

But, with a variety of disciplines ranging from chemical to mechanical, this is an absolute goldmine for women looking for creative, pragmatic thinkers.

A hotbed of sexual activity

Physics and Astronomy

Although studying Physics or Astronomy is a great move if you’re looking to get into something cool like space travel or gravity, they’re not so great for getting a partner.

With blokes making up 77% of its students, astronomers will have to head elsewhere to find the shining light of their life.

However, some women (one woman so far) say that “there is nothing sexier than talking about stars”…

Wow! The moon is so bright today

English

The bad news for literary girls is that English is 79% female. But, Juliets looking for a Romeo could land themselves a well-read, potentially edgy, deep-thinking Lothario. That’s if you manage to fend off the competition.

For boys doing English, life could not be easier. You don’t even need to go to Ocean. All you need to do is attend your seminars wearing your thickest-rimmed glasses and frown thoughtfully whilst your lecturer tells you how Joseph Conrad’s Heart of Darkness is all about his journey through puberty.

Throw in the odd remark about utopianism or existentialism and you’ll be swamped, stud.

The infamous “corridor of love”

Psychology

As if boys didn’t have enough trouble understanding the female brain, only 18% of Notts psychologists are male.

So, not only are these guys trained experts in female behaviour (probably), they’ve also got hundreds of women fighting for them. It’s a tough life.

Third year Psychology student Sia Raigal said: “It’s pretty hard to find a boy in Psychology but when you do, you know you’re onto a winner.”

Check out the stats below:

Gender distribution by subject