Macauley Sulkin’

Troubled Home Alone star storms off stage after being pelted with pints

Former child star Macaulay Culkin was forced to cut a gig short after being booed off stage by the audience.

The Home Alone actor was performing with his band The Pizza Underground at  Rock City as part of a music festival on Sunday night.

But he was forced to abandon his set after just 15 minutes and stormed off stage after being soaked with beer by the angry crowd.

The Hollywood star has been trying to forge a music career with his comedy band by taking well-known hits and changing the lyrics.

Despite covering Lou Reed classics like “It’s a Pizza Day” and handing out fresh slices to the audience, the 33-year-old failed to win over the jeering crowd.

After just one song at the The Dot to Dot festival music fans began throwing full pint glasses of beer at Culkin and his band.

Culkin asked: “Why are you throwing those? I’d rather drink them!” as security guards went into the audience to kick several of the culprits out of the venue.

But after one more tune, the missiles became unstoppable and when two hit him and his pizza-box playing band member, he decided to call it a night.

A visibly annoyed Culkin said: “That’s the end of the show. Goodnight,” before grabbing his colleagues and leaving the stage.

More security guards rushed into the audience and at least five more people were ejected from the venue as the lights came up to a surprised audience.

It is the second time his band had pulled the plug early on a performance in the space of two days. Festival-goer Jacob Prince, 19, from Nottingham, said:  “It was appalling. His music was terrible, I have no idea how they are getting paid to tour with that load of rubbish.

“It was like he was just taking the mickey out of us, he’s living off his name and there’s plenty of musical talent out there working hard who don’t get a chance. “He is an insult to music and deserved what he got.”

Another fan, Kirk Manly, 30,  from Nottingham, added: “It wasn’t a great gig – but you can’t go around pelting people with beer like that, it gives Nottingham a bad name, and we should be ashamed of ourselves.”

The audience quickly took to Twitter and other social media following the incident.

Elsa Druiett tweeted: “Most surreal moment ever watching Macaulay Culkin bang on a pizza box singing about pizza. Yes, actual Macaulay Culkin.”

The organisers of the Dot to Dot festival said: “After barnstorming sets at both Dot To Dot Manchester and Dot To Dot Bristol, it’s such a shame that some members of the crowd had to ruin what was set to be an excellent show. A sentiment echoed by the band themselves.

“Hopefully they’ll get to play in Nottingham again one day soon.”