10 things to do this week

Finished exams or still battling through revision? There’s plenty you could be doing. This week there is the neat14 festival, singing nuns at Theatre Royal or maybe indulge in a burger.

1. Pub Quiz @ The Johnson Arms

Tuesday, 9pm, free

This friendly pub offers a free quiz night on Tuesdays with a great atmosphere and everything from beer to poppets for prizes.

Forget exams, test your general knowledge instead

2. The Halle @ Nottingham Royal Concert Hall

Tuesday, 7.30pm, £5 with a Go Classics card

This world renowned orchestra brings Mahler’s 9th symphony to Nottingham for those that fancy a bit of culture post-exams.

Conductor Sir Mike Elder

3. A Complete & Utter History of the Roman World… With Jokes @ Theatre Royal

Tuesday, 7.30pm, £6

The hit show from the 2013 Edinburgh Fringe hits Notts for one night this week crams 1000 years of history into the hilarious evening.

Part of Nottinghan European Arts and Theatre Festival

4. Smythons Deli

Serving sandwiches, toasties, and salads, this quaint deli on Derby Road is the perfect place for a light lunch pre or post exams.

Courtesy of Smythson’s Deli Facebook- look at the yummy food

5. Sister Act @ Theatre Royal

Wednesday – Saturday, times vary, £10+

Carlton Operatic Society present the hilarious story of singing nuns in Nottingham this week.

Hallelujah!

6. Flaming Lips @ Rock City

Thursday, doors at 6.30pm, £32.50

7. Spanky Van Dykes

If you’re feeling particularly edgy, or just fancy a delicious burger on a budget, Spankys is the one for you.

Burgers galore

8. Gabriella Climi @ Bodega

Wednesday, doors at 7, £8

9. 2Magpies present The Litvinenko Project @ around and about the city

Monday – Thursday, times vary, £5

Notts based theatre company 2Magpies present another evening series of interactive theatre, in which they explore the controversial story of Litvinenko’s poisoning.

Tea is provided, bonus.

10. Music Evenings @ CAST Bar, Nottingham Playhouse

Friday – Sunday, times vary, free

Rock up at the Nottingham Playhouse in the evenings this week for an eclectic mix of live music.

The Cast Bar patio complete with Sky Mirror