UoN app breaks into top 100

Compsci students take on the App Store with new game

A new puzzle app designed by Notts’ students made its way into the top 100 puzzle games on the App Store within just two days.

The game, imaginatively named ‘Bricks’, is a re-imagining of the BlackBerry classic Brickbreaker for the new generation of smartphone users.

Released last Tuesday, the app has smashed both expectations and bricks to burst into the top 100 puzzle games on the App Store.

The team behind the game, from left to right: Dipo Areoye, Ipalibo Whyte, Stephen Sowole, Tosin Afolabi, Emmanuel Abiola

With over 4000 downloads and a 5 star average rating,  the team behind the game “want to show what students of Nottingham University can really achieve”.

App creator Stephen Sowole with the finished product

But the success of the app has taken them by surprise: “We just released on the App Store and all just wanted to carry on with our coursework, we had no clue that the app would receive the reception it did.”

The game is currently averaging downloads of one a minute, but the group need the help of UoN students to aim for the coveted top spot.

You can find it here.