Fire in Lenton: Emergency services called to Kimbo blaze

Students line the streets as fire engines called to blaze supposedly caused by a candle

exclusive

There has been a fire on Kimbolton Avenue in Lenton.

Two fire engines have been called to the road, which has been cordoned off either side of number 73. The fire engines arrived at around 10:15 pm.

image (2)

Firemen helpfully commented: “There has been a fire.”

Neighbours said that a candle was the cause of the fire, although that remains to be confirmed.

image (1)

Many students left their homes to watch the events unfold, and fire-fighters have started handing safety leaflets out.

UPDATE: Firemen and neighbours have both confirmed that books caught on fire. The cordon was lifted at 10:30pm.