Notts Comic Con cock-up causes chaos

Huge sci-fi fest marred after more tickets sold than venue can hold

East Midlands’ marquee science fiction and fantasy event was labelled a ‘disaster’ and ‘shambolic’ as hundreds of distraught nerds were turned away at the door.

As thousands of England’s biggest sci-fi fans flocked from across the nation and descended upon Nottingham’s very own Albert Hall early yesterday morning, hopes were high.

The tantalising opportunity to get autographs from stars Josef Altin, Simon Fisher-Baker, Virginia Hey and many, many more for just £10 each proved to be a temptation too great to resist.

Oh so tragic

Josef Altin: who could ignore the chance to meet this famous face?

However, the mood quickly turned sour as it became clear that Albert Hall wasn’t nearly big enough to contain the baying crowd.

I bet the 27 retweets softened the blow though didn’t it

That probably won’t help

Fans were left bitterly disappointed as even the queues for refunds reached insurmountable lengths.

The Tab could write so many slapdash articles about sci-fi festivals in four hours

Wahhh

Not everyone was as mardy as this lot though. Plenty made full advantage of the glorious weather and took a more light-hearted approach to the queues.

Dollar sign and cigarette, do you wanna be more edgy mate?

5 hour queues or not, she’s stuck with it: what a trooper (Instagram: triciafowell_freddiepf)

Next year promises to be far more accommodating to the “nerd” parade as rumours begin to gather momentum that the 2015 event will be held at the much larger National Ice Centre.