10 things to do this week

There’s lots for you to be getting up to this week. You can run a mile for Sport Relief or just get rat-arsed in Ocean for St Patrick’s Day. It’s all in this list.

1. St Patrick’s Day Celebrations @ Ocean

Tuesday, 9pm, £6

Hold on to your tenuous Irish heritage and head on a bar crawl that ends in The Big O. Is it awkward if we point out Paddy’s Day is Monday? Who cares? It’s a chance to get Irish drunk.

Get the Guiness in

2. Musicality presents: The Phantom of the Opera @ Nottingham Arts Theatre

Wednesday- Saturday, £8.50

Musicality are putting on the iconic Andrew Lloyd Webber musical and it’s sure to be quality (they’ve been rehearsing since October).

Musicality are going to smash it

3. Fight Club @ Savoy Cinema

Tuesday, 8.40pm, tickets £4

The first rule of fight club is you don’t talk about fight club. But, you know what, it’s on at the Savoy and you should go.

We love the Savoy

4. Metronomy @ Rock City

Monday, doors 7pm, £15.50

Electropop band Metronomy pop into Rock City on their tour.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riEBi8BJ9Tw[/youtube]

5. Sport Relief Mile @ University Park Campus

Sunday, 10am – 3.30pm

People all over the country are running, walking, swimming or skipping a mile all in aid of Sport Relief. Get involved on campus in a picturesque run through Trent and around the lake. Plus you’ll be doing your bit for charity.

sports relief Dig out the running shoes

6. Room 30 @ New Theatre

Monday and Tuesday, 7.30pm, £3

The country is at war and four people find themselves trapped in a room by the opposition. They each know something but nobody is letting anything slip. Sure to be a tense one.

New Theatre fringe continues

7. Opera North @ Theatre Royal

Tuesday – Saturday, times vary, limited stall tickets £10 for students.

Opera North are back this week with three operas for your pleasure: Macbeth, The Girl of the Golden West and From Paris With Love. Plenty of options and last time they were here they were really good.

World class opera right here in Nottingham

8. Kiss Me Like You Mean It @ New Theatre

Wednesday to Saturday, times vary, tickets from £4

The play follows two couples at separate parties in Manchester to show the true meaning of love.

Similarities to Lenton house parties?

9. Original Flavour 1st Birthday @ Stealth

Friday, 10pm, £11 tickets available now

Line up featuring Dark Sky, MJ Cole and Mosca to celebrate Original Flavour’s 1st Birthday. It would be rude not to, really.

All of the edges

10. NME Awards Tour @ Rock City

Sunday, doors at 7pm, £21.60

Featuring Circa Waves, Interpol, Temples and Royal Blood so you get your money’s worth.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0pc1bFUbLo[/youtube]

If you fancy reviewing all sorts of events for The Tab, then get in touch – [email protected]