10 Things to do this week

We’ve got everything covered this week: charity events, nights out and plenty of UoN students singing, dancing and acting.

1.Oxfam Society Clothes Swap @ Ropewalk

Thursday, 7.30pm, 50p

As part of their week of events to celebrate International Women’s Day, Oxfam Society are holding a clothes swap at Ropewalk this week. At only 50p (which includes a dessert buffet – how could you resist?!) this will be a great event for an amazing cause.

All for a good cause

2.The Rehearsal @ New Theatre Fringe

Monday & Tuesday, times vary, £3

A play-within-a-play esque set up, The Rehearsal presents a behind the scenes view of a theatre company and their ultimately destructive creative processes. And look, they’ve got all fancy and made a trailer.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpX2t7EFO6U[/youtube]

3. Blackbird @ New Theatre

Wednesday – Saturday, times vary, £4

New Theatre’s main show offering this week tells the tale of Ray and Una. Ray was imprisoned 15 years earlier for his sexual affair with Una, then aged 12. Expect dealings in morality and explosive emotions.

Morality and explosive emotions

4. SU Elections Close

Friday

Make your vote count this year; elections close on Friday!

Just vote. And then we’ll shut up about it.

5. Swan Lake @ Theatre Royal

Tuesday – Saturday, times vary, SOLD OUT

Matthew Bourne reinterprets this ballet classic by using an all male cast. Flipping the stereotype of swans in tutus totally on its head, this production has been a hit since it was first performed.

Sooo Billy Elliot

6. A Night in the West End @ Royal Concert Hall

Saturday, 7.30pm, £10+

Popular West End hits are brought to the stage this week. The London Philharmonic Orchestra are joined by Trent Uni Choir and the NTU Dance Troupe for performances of hits from Les Mis, Phantom of the Opera and the Lion King.

Songs from all the best musicals.

7. NUDance ‘Extravaganza’ @ Djanogly Theatre

Friday & Saturday, times vary, £6 for students

NUDance’s annual showcase takes place this week, with ‘all of the fun of the circus, carnival and fair’. Pop down to see what this entails…

If it’s called an extravaganza, I’m there

8. Music Mondays @ Cast Bar, Nottingham Playhouse

Monday, 8pm, free

Folky sounding Jamie Moon and Anwyn Williams are doing an acoustic set in the bar at Nottingham Playhouse. They’ve got great food deals especially for it too- you can’t turn down half price pizza.

Sure to be a nice chilled night

9. Lunchtime Concerts @ Djanogly Recital Hall

Tuesday & Friday, 1.15pm

Two choirs for you this week: Coro Sorelle, the all female choir, on Tuesday, and Viva Voce, the auditioned chamber choir, sing on Friday.

Coro Sorelle and Viva Voce this week

10. Itchy Feet @ Bodega

Wednesday, 11pm, £6+

Following their recent sell-out parties at Bodega, Itchy Feet return for another evening of vintage tunes from the 1940s to the ‘60s.

Just look how damn edgy it is