10 Things to Do This Week

Essays? Deadlines? There’s better stuff to be doing and it’s on this list.

1. Blue Remembered Hills @ New Theatre Studio A 

Monday and Tuesday – Sold Out

Fringe season kicks off this week. Seven children bound around wartime Britain, but adult actors present a different way of re-examining our childhoods.

First show of the Fringe Season already sold out. Say what?

2.Voting opens for Student Leader Elections

Opens on Thursday until Friday 14th 

Everyone knows this time of year as the ‘time you get pounced upon at north entrance and by Hallward’, but why not actually check out what they’re running for and make your vote count this year?

Eat their sweets and throw their leaflet away but make time to vote too

3.Bombay Bicycle Club @ Rock City

Friday, doors 6.30pm – Sold Out

Everyone’s favourite indie-pop band come to Nottingham following the release of their latest album.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwlgC-jSPTk[/youtube]

4.BandSoc Battle of the Bands @The Den

Sunday, 7pm, Free

Heat one of this year’s Battle of the Bands competition kicks off on Sunday. Entry is free so you might as well pop down and check out the talent the uni has to offer.

Band Soc mean business

5.Betrayal @ New Theatre

Wednesday- Saturday, times vary, £4

The classic love triangle is presented in a different way this week by New Theatre; the shuffling of chronological events means that we’re asked to question why and how they happened.

Most boring New Theatre poster yet?

6. Lunchtime Concerts @ Djanogly Recital Hall

Tuesday and Friday, 1pm

This week’s offerings span the entirety of music history. Collegium Musicum perform a range of early music on Tuesday, complete with viols and recorders; on Friday see Contempo perform a selection of 20th Century music, including a piece by alumnus Ed Denham.

Lunchtime concerts to brighten up an average day at uni

7. Robin Ince @ Broadway Cinema

Wednesday, 8pm, £12

Robin Ince, known for his comedy on Radio 4’s ‘The Infinite Monkey Cage’ with Brian Cox, comes to Notts and gives a comic lecture on psychology – ‘In and Out of His Mind’

8. Threepenny Opera @ Nottingham Playhouse

Until Saturday, times vary, £8.50+

Brecht’s ‘Threepenny Opera’ continues until the end of this week, with a free talk on the play before Tuesday’s performance. The Tab were a little bit baffled by what went on, but go and make up your own mind!

It’s got a message. You figure it out.

9. 2-4-1 Burgers @ Spanky Van Dykes

Tuesday, all day

Yes, this happens every week. but it is really not an opportunity to be missed. Suitable for even the tightest of wallets, Spanky’s burgers are worth every penny.

2-4-1? You can’t go wrong

10. Pub Quiz @ Ropewalk

Sunday, 9pm, £1

Ropewalk provide a classic pub quiz on Sunday nights. At only £1 for each team member and cash prizes up for grabs, it seems silly to not give it a go.