Varsity Basketball: “Anything Can Happen”

UoN B-ball Pres Aaron Brown wary of Trent threat, but confident Notts class will shine through

Following Trent’s victory over University of Nottingham in the American football yesterday, the Varsity Series rumbles on and tonight it’s basketball’s turn.

With Trent edging the Series by just one point after three events, the double basketball fixture at the Capital FM Arena could see Varsity swing back into UoN’s favour.

There is little to split the two women’s teams, with both sides on equal points in the BUCS Midlands 1A league.

Impossible to split the two women’s teams

In the men’s match, however, UoN are the clear favourites. While Notts vie for top place in the Midlands 1A league, Trent are floundering at second bottom in the division below.

Notts men’s captain/president/all-round baller Aaron Brown is confident in his team’s chances.

“Trent men’s team watched us play at Jubilee Sports Centre and we smashed the team we were playing against,” Brown said. “We put the fear into them.”

Baller Brown loves The Tab

With over 4,000 tickets sold, Brown is expecting a packed out UoN crowd to “out sing” their Trent counterparts.

“As long as our heads don’t go in the clouds, there are no problems that we can foresee. We just have to play our way.

“Anything can happen. It’s all about how the two teams react to the crowd; will they flourish or will they retreat into their shells?

“This sort of match is a reward for us, especially for the third years. It’s just the bragging rights, to be able to go out and say ‘we won the Varsity’”.

Tickets are still on sale, so get down to the Capital FM Arena for the women’s tip-off at 5:30pm and support the Uni.

Can’t make it? Don’t fret; we’ll be live tweeting from a packed out Capital FM Arena. To catch all the action, follow us @TheTabNotts