Candidates withdraw from SU Elections

YOLO pulls out, amongst others

Three candidates have officially withdrawn their names from the ballot before elections start.

Lauren Godin, Boudicca Palmer-Roberts and “YOLO” have taken their names out of the hat in what promises to be one of the most exciting elections UoN has ever seen.

Their actions have significantly narrowed the field in their respective categories with Lauren Godin’s departure leaving only one candidate for Disabled Student Officer, meaning that one race is  already wrapped up.

The identity of presidential candidate Yolo is set to remain a mystery after their early departure, depriving the race of a pisstake candidate.

Without an obvious joke candidate, hopefully others will embrace the “yolo” spirit

Yolo dropped out of a crowded field of Presidential candidates where competition promises to be fierce. The race for the the top job always takes centre stage in election season and this year promises to be no different.

Voting opens on the 6th of March for just over a week, closing at 3pm on Friday the 14th.  The badgering at Hallward, however, is expected to start much sooner.

The Tab will be bringing you all the updates from the campaign trail as well as exclusive candidate interviews throughout.