Half-arsed Varsity report

Apparently we lost?

In one of the biggest matches of the Varsity Series, Notts played Trent in American football today…but we didn’t go. 

We wish we could say it was because we were too busy, or even that we were hanging after a night out at somewhere hip like Market Bar or Rescue Rooms.

Unfortunately, that’s not the case. It was cold outside, Liverpool were playing Swansea on some dodgy Arabian stream and those big Milkybars were only £1 at Co-op.

So, like any lazy students great journalists would, we scoured Twitter to find out exactly what happened at Clifton Campus this afternoon.

We lost

There you have it. We lost and Trent won. That puts the Poly 2-1 up in the Varsity Series. We think. [SOURCE: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varsity_Series_(Nottingham)#2014]

We did Facebook message UoN American Football Publicity Officer Tom Walshe, though. Here’s what he said:

Tom’s a good lad

Heartbreaking.

If we actually remember to pick up our tickets, we will be going to basketball Varsity tomorrow night at the Capital FM Arena, so make sure you join us and support Notts.

Can’t make it? Don’t fret; we’ll be live tweeting from a packed out Capital FM Arena. To catch all the action, follow us @TheTabNotts