Notts in top 10 criminal unis

Crime rate at Notts Uni is one of the worst in the country.

It has been revealed that Nottingham is one of the most dangerous university cities in the UK.

In a list complied by The Complete University Guide, we made it into the top ten with 2.39 incidents per 1000 people.

The statistics are based on a three mile radius around major UK campuses. Lenton falls into the catchment area and unsurprisingly makes up a large proportion of the crimes.

One ‘Hotspot’ in Lenton

Many have been worried about the level of crime in and around the area and Nottinghamshire Police have set up Operation Graduate, a scheme to cut crime around the university.

Surprisingly, Nottingham Trent is considered a much safer university, coming in at 23rd with just 2.05 crimes were reported per 1000 people. However, this may be due to the fact that much of Trent lies outside the city in Clifton, one of the most boring places in the Midlands.

The university city with the highest crime rate was Hull, with 2.58 crimes per 1000 people, while Aberystwyth had the lowest total with 0.47.

These statistics are likely to be well below the real figures for crime as it’s believed that many incidents go unreported.