10 Things to Do This Week

Check out the best Nottingham has to offer this week

1. Deadline for Student Leader Elections

Wednesday, 12 noon. 

Fancy yourself as the next big dog on the SU exec? Reckon you can get the infamous Lenton hopper bus going? Or wireless printing in Hallward? There’s 2 policies to see you through.

slide2 Make the Change. Be the Change. Blah blah blah

2. 7 Deadly Sins @ Theatre Royal

Monday, 7.30pm, £6

If you fancy getting a bit of culture, this is an easy one for you. Being staged in the Dress Circle Foyer, there will be access to the bar while you hear some juicy secrets in this darkly comic play.

Third Stage – Spoken word and the Dress Circle bar. Perfect.

3.Music Mondays: The Carriage Lights & Artit Aukko @Cast Bar, Nottingham Playhouse

Monday, 8pm-10pm, free

Once a month Cast Bar presents two of the best local music acts for a live acoustic session. There’s a half-price pizza offer and 15% off draughts, so it would be silly not to.

Cast Bar do really nice cocktails too. You heard it here first.

4. Lauren Aquilina @ The Bodega

Tuesday, doors 7pm, £8

Laura Aquilina became YouTube famous singing covers and going to Open Mic nights. She released an independent EP in 2012 and since then she’s become a real star. Check her out before she goes global.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uodUCtmCRME[/youtube]

5. Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra @ Nottingham Concert Hall

Wednesday, 7.30pm, £15

Get down to the concert hall this week for an evening of film music, including some James Bond classics.

6. Burger Wednesdays @ Homemade

Wednesday, 9am-5.30pm

The Tab loves Homemade, so we had to put it in another one of our lists. On a Wednesday you get a free milkshake with every burger, what more could you love?

A great independent cafe in Hockley

7. Propeller @ Theatre Royal

Tuesday-Saturday, times vary, student discounts available

Propeller are an all-male company who are bringing Shakespeare’s A Comedy of Errors and A Midsummer Night’s Dream to Theatre Royal this week. They’re pretty good because they apparently make Shakespeare funny. I’ll believe it when I see it.

Men in drag? Sold.

8. Jake Bugg @ Captial FM Arena

Thursday, doors at 6.30pm, £25

It’s a big week for Jake as the Nottingham native returns to his home town this week for a sell out arena show and bets are on for him winning Best Male at the Brits. The boy has come far in a year.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxjZbFpBpbE[/youtube]

9. The Vagina Monologues @ New Theatre

Thursday, 2pm, £4

The Women’s Network take on this infamous drama about lady bits for a one off special at New Theatre this week.

The Thursday evening performance has already sold out. Get tickets quick.

10. University Philharmonia @ Great Hall, Tent Building

Sunday, 7.30pm, £5 for students

The university orchestra play their first concert of the term, with soloist Rob Upton playing Shostakovich 2nd piano concerto. Expect some epic Kodaly and Beethoven as well.