Students shocked by Nottingham nightclub’s baa-baric tweets

Is Baa Bar’s twitter feed the weirdest in Nottingham?

Nottingham’s Baa Bar is facing criticism following its controversially sexual Twitter campaign.

Although the club isn’t a staple of the student nightlife scene, you can’t deny that it’s a great option for an easy night out.

But students have now condemned it as ‘misogynistic’ and ‘a bit disgusting’ after viewing the #baalove Twitter experiment, which is one of the strangest, most perverse things we’ve seen.

Including requests for followers to send in pictures of themselves and encouraging people to ‘blow the cobwebs’ off their underwear, take a look at these stunningly weird tweets:

From the odd…

Bit mean.

Err…

To the probably sexual…

I think I see what you did there…

I DEFINITELY see what you did there…

OK this is getting silly now

To the 100%, in-your-face, graphically, over-the-top sexual…

Probably. But I’m not telling you that, Baa Bar

Send you pics of my lacy knickers?

I like this one. Pretty sure they’re referencing themselves.

I do love team sports!

Out of smartass comments now.

To the downright creepy…

Baa Bar told The Tab that the #baalove campaign was all part of their build-up to Valentines Day and was very tongue-in-cheek.

“The aim was to get people talking and we’ve had a good response. We’re doing something a bit different, trying to be funnier overall and be a bit less PC.

“I even read some of them myself and think “wow”, but people are using it to stitch their friends up and it’s definitely getting people talking.”

Rosie Gawthrop, a third year Music student, said: “‘It’s all a bit disgusting and misogynistic really. I know they’re trying to be funny but it definitely hasn’t worked.”