Tardis found in midwife’s back garden

Lenton Sci-fi fan surprised by husband’s Christmas gesture.

A Tardis replica has appeared in the back garden of a Lenton resident.

Clare Lee, a QMC midwife, has received a surprise Christmas present from her husband – a time machine.

The Tardis is famous for its small external appearance and vast interior, but Mrs Lee has quashed this rumour after confessing that the prop is only being used for storage purposes, with only a wheelbarrow currently it.

True love comes in many forms and apparently one of them is blue

University of Nottingham student, Sam Johnson, is a neighbour who seems bemused about the whole thing. “It is very weird,” he told the Nottingham Post. “All we have in our garden is a burnt down tree so it is not as exciting.”

Mrs Lee says her husband won’t tell her where it came from – could he be hiding a secret identity? Is he Tom Baker? For Mrs Lee’s sake we hope not, there’s only so much of that voice you can take.

Having been seen in many famous locations, this is the first back garden sighting

Doctor Who is one of the longest running and most popular pre-watershed programmes, with a global audience of millions. Mrs Lee claims to have never missed an episode of the drama, but if she does, she can always use her Tardis to travel back in time to watch it. Or Sky Plus.