Campus Style: Law and Social Sciences

This week Campus Style went to Law and Social Sciences. Fingers crossed all the beautiful clothes aren’t buried under essays!

The life of a Social Sciences student is a well-documented one.

Made up of few University contact hours and seasonal busy periods born of infrequent essay deadlines, much of their ‘free’ time comes under the heading of ‘unsupervised learning.’

Like most students, much of this ‘free’ time assumes the role of a vacuum, sucking in all manners of procrastinatory activities to accompany the small feeling of guilt derived from simply not doing the work you know you should have.

This week the Tab Fashion team took to LASS with tightly crossed fingers, hoping and praying that shopping was in fact one these activities.

To our pleasant surprise, it was.

The combination of grey and black is a winter hit, and Anisha is one more person that got it right.

Her fur hat makes this outfit classy, while her trainers make it sporty, and together they form a perfect campus outfit.

Anisha Maan, 2nd Year History, Mango Coat

You really can’t go wrong with a majority black outfit. Wolfgang dons these Zara work boots with black jeans and a very dapper formal coat.

The attached leather waistcoat is a wonderful touch; his leather bound satchel rightly informs us of his love for books – such a History student & Politics student.

Wolfgang McFarlane, 3rd year History & Politics, Zara boots

Hey Jacques! Can we go thrift shopping with you?

Jacques vintage jacket would be nothing without that bright red scarf that caught our attention. She paired it with trainers for that sporty vintage awesomeness.

Jacques Makin, 3rd Year Psychology, Jacket from Nottingham Thrift Shop

George’s Vans skiing jacket really caught our eye.

He allows it to play centre stage, teaming it with some light wash slim jeans and complimentary Adidas trainers.

George Collins, 3rd year Chemistry student, Vans Jacket

Dungarees have been back in fashion lately and took over our summer wardrobes.

This winter they are still here and Chanelle is rocking her black dungaree, paired with a floral shirt underneath for this chic look.

Chanelle Aleye, 1st Year Sociology, Shirt from Thrift shop in America

In times of bad weather, you can always rely on a trusted pea coat to protect you against the chill whilst maintaining a stylish outfit outcome.

Shawn adds in a weather appropriate scarf and chinos to complete his campus look.

Shawn Khua, 1st year Law student, Ted Baker Jacket

The fur coat, the striped skirt, the thigh high boots, we can’t choose just one.

Good thing Cherry paired them up together to form this preppy/chic look we absolutely adore.

Cherry Stewart-Czerkas, 1st Year Politics and American Studies, Topshop Coat

Cozy is the key to keeping warm and Emily is doing just that while staying fashionable in her knit sweater and furry scarf.

She chose the perfect grey tones to add to her black leggings and boots for a simple yet chic look.

Emily Pether, 2nd Year Law, topshop Scarf