Arresting Notts Arrest Stats

Recent crime stats show alarming inefficieny of Notts police

Bumbling Nottingham cops are solving only one in ten crimes in Nottingham.

This year, it has been stated that only 11% of  reported robberies, burglaries and vehicle crimes were solved in the Nottingham area. This is considerably lower than the similarly mediocre 17% rate last year.

There are currently hundreds of unsolved crimes in the Nottingham area, including a serious sexual assault in Lenton.

Notts police- more concerned with shutting down house parties than solving crime?

Students living  on off-campus locations are more likely to experience crime first hand compared with the safety of halls, and have to deal with the subsequent investigations.

First year student and resident of Raleigh Park, Dayana Anastastova, had her laptop stolen in October. She has not heard from the police since the incident.

Only 11% of crimes were solved, don’t let your laptop become a statistic

The Tab caught up with distressed Dayana. Since the event, she has felt isolated.

When asked whether the police had been helpful, she replied: “Even when I called them, they could not redirect me to the police officer. No, I am not happy.”

Preventative measures such as tracking software or Smartwater are proven to increase chances of recovering stolen property. However, they are not widely used even though the police actively promote these methods in student communities such as Lenton.

Simple preventative steps can drastically increase the chance of getting your stuff back

Surprisingly, the infamous ‘Shottingham’ maintains a level of crime detection that is higher than the national average.

You may be more likely to get your possessions nicked here, but at least the culprit is more likely to get nicked too.