Robin let off the hook

Law enforcement official pardons man accused of robbing and pillaging.

Unbelievably the Sheriff of Nottingham and Robin Hood are now going to be colleagues. 

A law enforcer and law breaker is not what you would call a match made in heaven but after an official pardon, the two are joining forces to promote Nottingham castle.

Robin Hood under orders in the official ceremony

The sheriff of Nottingham has called an end to the war of swords with former nobleman, Robin Hood, which has enticed the nation for generations. The pair are petitioning the Heritage lottery fund in an attempt to get Notts Castle classified as a “world class attraction”.

“With Maid Marian expecting our first baby, maybe it’s time for me to move out of the forest and into the castle – somewhere near the Sheriff’s treasure room would do just fine,” Said Tim Pollard, Nottingham’s most deluded man/official Robin Hood.

After camping outside the castle for 900 years, Hood is finally allowed in

The plan behind Robin Hood being given this semi-worthless job title is to present a united front when applying for funding. The official Robin Hood said “The Sheriff and Robin Hood have been fighting in and outside the castle for over 900 years so it’s about time we started fighting for it instead”.

Could Robin’s softer stance be due to his impending fatherhood?

If Notts gets the recognition, we will be in the league of attraction-big-boys like the Taj Mahal and the Great Wall of China.

The status comes with a whopping £14 million equating to over 2 million crisis late entrys, which arguably would be a much more exciting way to blow the cash.