New Year, New Hopes, New Coats

If you haven’t bought this year’s winter coat yet or just want another one (can you ever have too many?), then these tips will have you running to get your newest cosy necessity

Winter is almost here, which can only mean one thing – it’s time to invest in a good coat, or four.

The most stylish gear this season isn’t necessarily the sleekest. It’s the rugged pieces – comfy and somewhat imperfectly sized – that will carry you through the cold Nottingham mornings.

The Tab provides you with a winter coat guide to help you dodge the sniffles in style as you travel to lectures in rain, snow and the odd bit of deceptive sunshine.

The Big Coat

You can wear this coat everywhere; from nights out on the town to an ordinary day at university. The big coat in all it’s multipurpose glory is an absolute must-have winter item. It may be a tad bit more pricey than what you’re used to, but it is certainly a worthy investment.

Leather 

Leather jackets are a classic stylish go-to pretty much all year round. Apt for a night out, this leather jacket from New Look will carry you up Derby road to the clubs in style. It may appear rather thin, but you’re sure to be pleasantly surprised – it’s quite resistant to the cold.

The quilted jacket

This quilted jacket from Pull and Bear is ideal for long days at university or quick walks to Sainsbury’s for pre-drinking materials. It’s versatile and easily styled. For an easy daytime outfit we recommend you team it with a pair of mid washed jeans, a sweater and some Converses.

The windbreaker

Designed to resist wind chill, the windbreaker is a much lighter alternative to the rain coat. It’s rather stylish too. We recommend you wear it with layers to fully assist your ‘Stay Warm’ operation.

Stay warm guys! Winter is coming… 🙂