Ten Things To Do This Week

So much to do this week… essays, lab reports and tutorials. No? Well here’s plenty of stuff to help you procrastinate.

Bonfire Night @ Forest Recreation Ground

Tuesday, from 5.30pm, main display at 9pm. Free

Wrap up warm for this annual spectacular display celebrating the failed terrorist Guy Fawkes. There will be fairground rides, food stalls and a bonfire.

Remember, remember the 5th of November

Richard III @ Nottingham Playhouse

Running until the 16th, times vary, tickets from £9.50

In its first staging of this play since Richard III’s bones were found in a car park in Leicester, this play parallels today’s political monsters with the original devious monarch.

‘My kingdom for my horse!’- That’s an actual quote

Teechers @ Lakeside Arts Centre, Djanogly Theatre

Monday- Wednesday, 7.30pm with a 1.30pm matinee on Tuesday, from £11

A witty comedy from the writer (John Godber) who brought us Bouncers and The Debt Collectors. It tells the hilarious story of an idealistic teacher in his first days at perilous comprehensive school.

Sorry, Wrong Number @ New Theatre Studio

Monday and Tuesday, doors 7pm, £3

It’s the beginning of the Fringe season. Mrs Stevenson is home alone, she answers the phone expecting her husband and instead hears a murder plot. It’s a race against time for her to stop the murder.

Burger Wednesdays @ Homemade Cafe

Open daily from 9 am, 20 Pelham Street

Head down to Homemade for a hump day treat, you get a free milkshake with every burger. The Tab can confirm that they are delish, don’t miss out. And maybe have a brownie after too.

@homemadecafe tweet pictures of their yummy food

Slava’s Snow Show @ Nottingham Royal Concert Hall

Wednesday 6th- Sunday 10th, times vary, from £18

This is a spectacle not to be missed- a mixture of comedy and poignancy. Just watch the trailer.

Students can save £5 in the Stalls & Tier 1 for Wednesday to Friday 7.30pm, Thursday 3pm & Saturday & Sunday 3pm performances.

[youtube]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qorV6x9jBQo[/youtube]

Lunchtime Concerts @ Djanogly Recital Hall

Tuesday and Friday, 1.15, free!

Two vocal concerts for you this week: the all female Coro Sorelle on Tuesday and the uni’s auditioned chamber choir Viva Voce on Friday.

God of Carnage @ New Theatre

Wednesday to Saturday, times vary, tickets from £4

A biting satire about 2 sets of parents meeting to discuss the behaviour of their children. It soon descends into an evening of tantrums and chaos.

Jimmy Eat World @ Rock City

Thursday, doors at 6.30, £18.50

Rock/pop band Jimmy Eat World come to Nottingham this week, expect a lively set with tunes spanning their career.

Working in Tandem Open Mic Night @ The Den

Saturday, 8pm, £2.50

Come along to The Den on Saturday night for an evening of live music in support of Working in Tandem’s projects in Tanzania. If you feel like having a go yourself, check out their Facebook event for details.