Campus Style goes to Coco Tang

This week Campus Style took a trip off campus and went down to one of Nottingham’s most stylish bars, Coco Tang, and found the fashionistas there.

Coco Tang – a place where you can be the refined individual you wish you were (if only for the night). Somewhere you can dress up for to two-step and drink cocktails out of elegant glasses, actually made out of glass.

Of course when we heard of this Utopia we just had to see it for ourselves – we took pictures of some of the stylish attendees too, just to prove it was all real.

Did you make the cut?

With a name like Channelle how could she look anything less than elegant? Channelle stood way out in her white-as-snow oversized blazer and subtle silver heels. Her sparkling necklace gained her all the style points she needed to top off this fab outfit!

Channelle Aleye, 1st Year Sociology, Zara Necklace

A simple white tee can go a long way, a simple white shirt can go even longer. This was all that Owen needed to make him chic and stylish, perfect for Coco Tang’s underground vibe.

Owen Baxster, 2nd Year Business, All Saints Shirt

After seeing Kimberly’s cut-out dress from eBay, yes eBay, you are sure to see the online store in whole new light. This dress fit her perfectly and the cut-out details added that sexy factor that made this outfit pop. Kimberly added a touch of cream to her amazing dress with her clutch to ensure a stylish outfit outcome, readying her for a night of partying.

Kimberly Bond, 2nd Year English Literature, eBay Dress

Ash owned this smart-casual look. His beige blazer pairs perfectly with his crisp white shirt and brown brogues. Leaving his shirt untucked gave the outfit an added edge, pushing it further in the casual direction of the smart-casual spectrum. He finishes off the piece with a navy polka dot pocket square – we like!

Ash MvVicar, 2nd year Sociology student. Blazer from Topman.

Ella’s beautiful necklace from Zara really caught our eye – it’s the little things that make an outfit. She paired it up with a trusted pair of black heels and red laced dress; accessorised with a petite black belt she cleverly breaks the sea of red.

Ella Funge, 3rd year English student. Necklace from Zara.

When we saw the bow tie, we knew we had to get a picture of Jeremiah. Pairing it up with some vans and a two-tone blazer from Zara keeps the outfit trendy and Coco Tang appropriate. So trendy, the guy behind looks jealous.

Jeremiah Shonde, 1st year Maths student. Blazer from Zara.

The lace detailing on Hannah’s baby doll dress gives it that sexy something that it needed to stand out. She tied her hair up allowing her lovely dress and gold chain to take centre stage. Her blue heels added a punch of colour to the outfit, finishing it off in style.

Hannah McLean, 2nd year History student. Dress from Topshop.

The H on Josh’s belt clearly stands for ‘he’s got style’ (a long shot, we know). He keeps it casual with this Ralph Oxford shirt, pairing it up with some indigo jeans and camel-coloured Topman lace-ups. It’s simple, but effective.

Josh Masser, 1st year Economics student. Shirt from Ralph Lauren.

This dynamic duo has done it again! Henry and Anthony managed to make it into the Campus Style article for a second time, and for one reason only, they looked amazing in their matching grey blazers. While Anthony went for a white shirt and black jeans, Henry wore a black t and jeans, and both are looking their best. Keep it up guys and you are sure to make it in upcoming Campus Style articles!

Henry Scott, 1st Year Sociology and Anthropology, Zara blazer
Anthony Cox, 1st Year Sociology and Anthropology, Topman Blazer

If you thought butterflies were too girly, think again. Katie takes monochrome to a different level with her beautiful print dress. Adding in a tidy clutch and some electric blue heels gave her the perfect balance of girly and chic.

Katie Shucksmith, 1st year Adult Nursing student. Shoes from Neu Look.

In this boldly coloured Asos blazer it didn’t take us long to spot Dan. His black Ted Baker shirt and jeans keep the focus on the red blazer. The attention’s in the detail as Dan turns up his shirt cuffs to reveal the pattern. Dan adds in a white belt to break the black; the image on the buckle gives the outfit a touch of youth.

Dan Marshall, 2nd year Civil Engineering student. Shirt from Ted Baker.

Total black was a hit amongst many at Coco Tang, but this duo fast caught our eye. Ashleigh added a hint of colour with her burgundy throw whilst Florence opted for a cool biker jacket – the perfect balance of rough and smooth. Both outfits were a massive hit with us!

Ashleigh Noade, 3rd Year Geography, Topshop jacket
Florence Forte, 3rd Year Classics, H&M skirt

When done right, mixing different tones and textures can create the perfect outfit. Max got it right and his look was flawless! His red trousers, brown shoes, striped shirt and blazer, blended different patterns perfectly to create a suave, understated look.

Max Dougall, 1st Year Sociology, River Island Blazer

With a little persistence you can get some real treasures from TK Maxx, and Naomi shows us just that with her bold double-slit dress. From the sparkly knitwear down to the dress, we love everything about Naomi’s outfit. She effortlessly includes a variety of textures and shades, finishing it off with a statement necklace and clutch bag apt for a night out on the town.

Naomi Green, 1st Year English, TK Maxx Dress

If you want to be featured in one of our upcoming “Campus Style” articles please email us your best outfit at [email protected] with the following information:

Name / Surname

Course / Year

Favorite item you are wearing / Brand of item