The Robin Hood Nottingham Beer Festival

The Tab went down to the Nottingham Beer Festival to see what all the fuss is about…

Cheers to The Robin Hood Nottingham Beer Festival

Don the beer goggles this weekend because it is the Robin Hood Beer Festival. With around 1300 beers and ciders to try, this is the perfect event to break the boredom of the local pub trip.

Head down to the Nottingham Castle between 9th and 12th of October equipped with this handy how-to guide.

Two beers, one stone.

There’s never been a better reason to visit Nottingham Castle. With free entry to the castle between 10am and 4pm to beer festival customers, this is a brilliant opportunity to sip fine wine whilst gazing over such an impressive historical building.

The castle is really just a stately home

World’s largest pub – what’s not to love?

Whatever your poison, you’ll get it here.  Lovers of golden ales, fruit beers, stouts, bitters, porters, barley wines and country wines will find themselves well looked after – and then some!

With breweries from all corners of the UK there is great diversity in choice. The Tab suggests pacing yourself; have a look around the many tents and laugh at some of the brilliant beer names (from ‘Worth the Wheat’ to ‘Bob’s Thirst and Probably the Last’).

Hops ‘til you Drop

Whilst relishing your drink don’t forget to meander down to the bandstand. Live local music playing every night creates a brilliant atmosphere.

Live music

Tasting, not Wasting.

With so much beer and cider it’s hard to choose, but resist the urge just to stick with one particular drink. There are over 1000 to try, so be experimental!

Drinks can be bought as either a third or half a pint, using your free commemorative glass you receive on arrival, which also double as great souvenirs.

Food glorious food

Alcohol and food usually go hand in hand, and here is no exception.

With *deep breath* hog roast, ‘Cider ‘things’’, duck-fat roasties, filled potatoes, pizza, curries, olives & nuts, exotic meats and sweet dishes on offer, you can definitely give the cooking a miss for one night.

Loads of food options

Be Prepared

There are no cash-points in the event and you aren’t allowed to leave and return, so make sure you are well equipped before you walk through the door. Whatever you choose, don’t be restricted by the contents of your wallet/purse!

Get your ticket

So you’ve been given the low-down, now is the time to get your ticket. Advanced tickets are sold out but you can buy on the door on Friday and Saturday, subject to event capacity.

Your best bet is to get there early, but the event website has some handy tips. Visit it at http://www.beerfestival.nottinghamcamra.org/Index.html

It’s a barrel of laughs

Operations are run using a token system, 10 of which you get when you purchase your ticket. 2 tokens get you a third, 3 tokens get you a half. Additional tokens can be bought and refunded at the venue.

And it’s good news for the members of the Real Ale Society – you get 5 extra tokens for free!

Head over to the Robin Hood Beer & Cider Festival at Nottingham Castle for good drink, fine food and a brilliant atmosphere -a brilliant night for both the guys and the girls. Cheers!