The Lost City Adventure Golf

The Tab tried out the Cornerhouse’s latest attraction: The Lost City Adventure Golf

Deep under the Cornerhouse unexpectedly lies The Lost City: 36 holes of Indiana Jones-esque adventure golf. At first, The Tab were rather baffled by the thought of crazy golf slap bang in the middle of the city, but after a team of editors ventured down there it seemed like a great idea.

Essentially, somebody has planted an artificial rainforest in the depths of the Cornerhouse and stuck an adventure golf course in the middle of it. Reminiscent of the classic CITV show Jungle Run, The Lost City is no conventional crazy golf.

Very adventurous

To the early disappointment of some adventure golf enthusiasts, there was an absence of spinning windmills and comedy bridges.

However, the addition of some critical jibes that come from some tactically concealed speakers added some mystery and ignited some much needed competition.

Palm trees and bushes line each hole and they certainly achieve the right level of difficulty.With some being a simple putt (much needed for the less co-ordinated) and others involving more challenging slopes and boulders to navigate (for over-confident show-offs), the editors’ skills were certainly put to the test.

Treacherous bends

Although The Lost City strayed away from the conventional set-up, ultimately it was just crazy golf, and The Tab didn’t feel that anything particularly special was added to the experience. Despite this, it was a good afternoon spent.

At only £5 for students (Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday) for 18 holes plus a free beer, this is definitely a great alternative if you fancy something different to the cinema or a night out.