Is Notts nice? You can bank on it!

Lloyds Bank names UoN one of the best for student life

In the UK’s first quality of student life survey conducted by Lloyd’s Bank, Nottingham has been named one of the best places to go to uni. The survey looked at 91 of the UK’s top Unis with Notts coming in at a very respectable 7th.

The survey looked at several important factors including sport teams, social life, employability and potential earnings. The top ten universities enjoyed an average employment rate of 92% for 2012 graduates with an average full time salary of a tidy £22,000.

Our country neighbours Loughborough came out on top in the sport category, unsurprisingly really as last year Loughborough’s teams came in first place for 18 different BUCS events from table tennis to american football.

Standard Loughborough predrinks…

The big northern unis again performed well in the social life category, with Newcastle, Leeds and Sheffield all placing within the top 5 and the survey finding Manchester had 250 student-friendly pubs and bars, the most of any city looked at.

Manchester- officially the most varied place to pass out

Lloyds consulted a wide range of sources to put together this information, taking data from the Beer and Pub Association and the National Student Survey 2013 among others, but apparently still couldn’t find anyone that thinks Trent is worth going to.