Campus Style: Week One

Whilst you recover from the craziness of Fresher’s week, check out the best outfits we found on campus!

Fresher’s week is no more, but we are looking back at the best campus style.

Following the crazy nights, some struggled with the whole ‘getting dressed’ thing – there were a too few many onesies being worn in public.

However, many of you still managed to look your best the next day, rocking a personal style that was entirely pyjama free.

Keep an eye out for us on campus… we have weekly ‘Spotted’ pieces coming your way, so for a chance to feature, don’t let the Fresher’s Week fashion effort diminish yet!

First year medic, Rachel, mixed various styles in this eye-catching look. We loved her printed dress, it gave us all the colour we needed amongst the cloudy sky.

Third year architect Ben blended blue, blacks and browns to achieve the perfect level of organised mess. The outfit appeared effortless, and the energy drink supported the implied impression that his lifestyle was fast paced – hence the unbuttoned shirt and jacket!

Karina, who is in her first year doing Maths and Economics, kept it classy in total black while adding some tone with her bombing boots and brown bag.

In a crisp white shirt, navy chino’s and brogues Politics student Hadi achieved smart casual with great ease. Unfortunately, grotty British weather made Hadi need a cardigan, which hid the fabulous party of braces underneath.

Third year philosophy student Lisa brought her outfit to life with this statement blouse. Opting for a plain white vest top and black cut-out boots further ensured attention stayed on the flower print blouse.

Another Architect in her first year, China, rocked a colorful crop top and some leopard print that wowed us!

Emma, second year Environmental Studies student, worked the biker chic look rather well; the skulls on her scarf gave the outfit a touch of attitude, whilst her blue bag provided a punch of colour to the piece.

First year Psychology student Francesca added a touch of sport to her simple outfit. Great for an uncomfortably hot fresher’s fair.

This dynamic duo (Henry and Anthony – doing English and Sociology in their first year) work the retro sports look well, employing bright coloured jackets to liven up an otherwise much more outfit.

Sometimes it’s the little things that count; Modern Languages fashionista Connie’s red socks are a lovely finishing touch and assist in pulling it all together together. The oversized knitwear and sleeve turn-ups give her outfit that added edge.

Art History’s Jacob wore a vintage shirt with a host of colours. He opted for blue and brown, with a touch of red; keeping it simple everywhere else gives the shirt the attention it deserves.

Anna, who’s doing Sociology and Social Policy in her first year, allowed her checkered coat to take centre stage as she paired it up with a plain jumper, black jeans and brown brogues. Keeping everything else plain ensures an outfit does not become too busy.

If you would like to be featured in our upcoming “Campus Style” articles you can email your best outfits to [email protected] or Tweet us at @TabFashionNotts.

Be as daring as you want or as simple as you like, we want to see YOUR personal style!