SU Nott too shabby

Which? University guide has ranked the University of Nottingham as one of the best in the country


Nottingham has ranked amongst the best unis in the country for the services offered by it’s Student’s Union according to a new survey.

However, it failed to appear in other categories, such as most politically active, which was dominated by fellow Russell Group unis such as LSE, Oxford and Sussex.

Consumer group Which? rated Universities over 5 categories including sports, creativity, political activism, amount of student union activities and diverse nightlife. Northern unis performed well across the board, occupying all but one space in the “most diverse nightlife” category and Leeds receiving mentions in 4 out of 5 categories.

expect-SU-2

UCL, Birmingham and Glasgow also fared well, with the 16,000 undergrads surveyed finding them near the top of the table in nearly all categories.

It was a bad day for South-East based art school UCA however, being ranked in the least sporty, political and diverse nightlife categories. Hardly surprising really, as arts students are rarely praised for their athletic ability.

The same survey also found that only 9% of freshers regretted their course choice, with the remaining 91% presumably being too busy bunking 9ams to care. Surprisingly, Which? also found that over a quarter of UK undergrads regret not doing more research on their chosen unis and courses.