Survive this Spring/Summer

This season’s catwalk looks on the Highstreet

Stuck on a student budget? Keeping up with the constant change in ‘must have’ trends can be almost impossible. Catwalk fashion comes with a hefty price tag, but here’s all you need to know about how to get this seasons trends affordably into your wardrobe.

‘Own The Monochrome’

Black, white and blue. Key colours that hit the runway at this years London Fashion week. Sleek tailoring and shift dresses introduced an element of androgyny, key when wearing monochrome.

Splashes of bright orange against the tailoring created a striking look on the runway and can easily be achieved on the high street. Monochrome is already set to be big this summer and will carry its success right the way through the year. (Always good to invest in a trend that will last more than one season.)

Monochrome Dress, Topshop £38.

Spot Mix Tunic Dress, Topshop £42.

‘A touch of Neon’

It’s time to put away those pastel colours and embrace the bold. Neon is taking off this summer with key colours including bright pink, orange and green. Not to everyone’s taste, but when worn correctly can create a daring look. The key to working neon is choosing the perfect accessory. Shoes, clutch bags and jewellery are items to look out for.

Necklace, Primark £4

‘From Bomber to Biker’

The bomber jacket has dominated the catwalks over the past few years and now comes the turn of the biker jacket. From a simple leather to washed out denims, the biker is a versatile piece that toughens up any summer dress or silk blouse. Try a cropped style jacket for the perfect summer look.

Biker Jacket, TK MAXX £24.99.

‘All White’

Spring has awakened all things white. From trousers to blazers, white is this season’s hottest colour. After a winter that brought clashing prints and colour pops, what could be more appropriate than to detox your wardrobe with crisp whites? The high street is currently overpowered by soothingly simple and affordable whites.

White Jumper, Topshop £34.

‘Check Mate’

The sixties are making a comeback. With model of the moment Cara Delevigne as the new face of YSL, her ‘60’s inspired campaign’ shots have proven hugely successful. And it doesn’t stop there as sixties trends have been hitting the catwalks and the favourite: checks. The bigger and bolder the motif, the better. But remember, structure is key to look out for when shopping the trend.