Imagine with NU Dance

Two hours with plenty of panache, The Tab strongly recommends the NU Dance show, especially if it’s about time you updated your moves.

dance kings meadow nudance street dance tap

Daring out to the mysterious campus that is King’s Meadow, The Tab headed for an evening filled with music, laughter and, crucially, dancing. The show left you with that kind of envy that makes you want to get up on stage and prove that surely you can do that too. Splits? Yeah, easy. Spin on my head? Why the devil not. 

The dancers really are extraordinarily talented and their passion and commitment shines through in every performance. The theme of imagination drew in poetry, storytelling and acting on stage alongside dancing. Performances were very diverse, keeping the pace of the evening fast and easily maintaining your interest every time the lights dropped.

NUdance will thrill you…

From burlesque to pirates, the undead to superheroes, the show had it all. And just when you thought it could get any better, Mr Tumnus appears.

A wonderful contrast of impressive street dance skills, intense ballet and contemporary pieces and energetic tap performances were exhibited. From big group routines down to trios, duos and a handful of soloists, the evening allowed all talents to be exposed.

The Tab’s highlight came from the advanced street team RUBIX’s performance which went old school, back to when Madonna ‘Vogue’ was considered a tune. They epitomised the sort of dancing that makes people go green with jealousy. Surely no one is allowed to look that cool when they dance? It’s sort of how you imagine you look when you’re dancing on a night out, but actually realised.

Book tickets in advance to avoid disappointment

Despite a slight depression about your own capabilities, the show was feel-good and unexpectedly funny at times. It also brought back some of those songs – the ones that are so good yet somehow you always forget they exist. How do dance shows do it?

Get yourself down to this evening’s show: Friday 15th March, as rumour has it their Saturday show is a sell out. £6 for students. 7.30pm.