The highest form of Wit

Sir Andrew Witty has been formally installed as the seventh Chancellor of the University of Nottingham

Scroll down for video

Sir Andrew Witty has officially been installed as the next Chancellor of the University of Nottingham following a formal ceremony.

Sir Andrew being gowned

Sir Andrew said “I never expected to become Chancellor of the University. To be asked to undertake this role was breathtaking and I was super honoured to be asked and regard it as a great privilege.”

Sir Andrew pictured with his father

Sir Andrew looks forward to his role enormously

After graduating from Nottingham with a BA in Economics, Sir Andrew has gone on to become Chief Executive of GlaxoSmithKline. He is therefore a very popular choice for the role.

Sir Andrew and the Vice Chancellor, Professor Greenaway

Vice Chancellor, Professor David Greenaway expects Sir Andrew ‘to bring new contracts, new qualities, and a set of leadership skills that have been developed in a global environment’. All of this means the new Chancellor will be a ‘real asset to our University’.

Professor Greenaway is confident Sir Andrew will help the University of Nottingham to address the challenges it faces in the education environment. The University is looking forward to the future that beckons with its new Chancellor.

The full gallery of images is available here.