Men’s Fashion: Picks for British Weather

Let’s be blunt about it – we Brits don’t get good weather. The shorts and t-shirts won’t be coming out any time soon, if at all, so we have to adapt.

Thankfully for us gents, trends tend to stick around for longer in menswear, so it’s perfectly conceivable to think that what looks good this spring will do so for a good while longer. Here’s a list of 5 picks for British weather.

Starting from the ground up, you need to make sure your shoes are fashionable but adaptable, and if you’re a boot man, there’s no better than DMs. Iconic, comfortable and hard-wearing – wear them with any good pair of jeans and you can’t go wrong. While they’re fairly expensive, they will last you a lifetime.

Dr. Martens, 1460 Forlife Boot, £165

Dr. Martens, 2976 Boot, £110

uniqlo shirt , £25. American Apparel sweater, £33

The blue oxford button down is the only absolute essential for any man’s wardrobe. It can be dressed up or down and is equally at home paired with a white t-shirt in summer as it is underneath a sweater in autumn and winter. This sweater is warm and comfortable and keeps the outfit looking casual.

The Barbour waxed jacket is a staple of British country image. Recently it’s worked its way into the wardrobes of many indie kids, but that shouldn’t put you off. The Bedale jacket is both classically stylish and practical, and you can find them in any charity shop for a very decent price.

Barbour’s can cost anything from £50 (used) to £200

You’ll be surprised to know that every now and then the weather does perk up, and in these instances a denim jacket can be ideal. It always looks good – worn with a t-shirt and chinos it can be perfect for warmer weather, but layering it under a winter coat can work just as well.

Topman Jacket, £45

Got a passion for fashion or simply some good ideas for fashion articles? E-mail [email protected] and become part of the growing team.