IMS round-up: 10th/11th February

IMS football doesn’t stop and neither does your Tab Sports Team™

Both the weather and the pitches worsened in another exciting week of IMS football, but the entertainment increased as the goals flew in left, right and centre.

The goal-fest started as Post-Grad Soc’s experience helped earn them a creditable draw away to Afro/Carribean Soc. The home side were Havana laugh in the high-scoring encounter, especially as a strong penalty shout from the Post-Grad’s was turned down in their dying moments.

Was it a foul? Or did Post-Grad knees give out?

History clearly hadn’t read the scripture as they continued to put their previous poor form into the past by condemning Christian Union to their first loss of the season. Despite CU’s Protestations, the offside flag stayed down as top-scorer Ali Davidson controversially exposed CU’s holy defence to net the only goal of the game and resign his frail opponents to defeat.

Following last week’s 2-2 draw, the jury was out on LawSoc, yet GeogSoc struggled to adapt to the windy climate and were left with a mountain to climb after they conceded the opening goal in a 2-0 loss.

Elsewhere, MathSoc’s large goal-tally is starting to add up after back-to-back high-scoring victories. In an attacking display, the Mathematicians committed numbers to the final third and consistently divided the Post-Grad B’s defence to run out 7-1 winners.

Perhaps the most noticeable result of the weekend came in the match between CypriotSoc and St. Peter’s Court. The Cypriots said Nicosia-later to their illustrious opponents in a crushing 6-3 victory. After the success of previous seasons, CypriotSoc owe it to themselves to make a monumental push for the Sunday Division 1 title.

As ever, The Tab Sports Team™ will be the first to bring all the latest IMS news. If you have any stories or quotes from IMS you wish to share, email us at [email protected].

A list of all the weekend’s football results can be found below:

Saturday Div 1

Afr/Carribean Soc 2-2 Post-GradSA

Christian Union 0-1 HistorySoc

ChemEngSoc 1-7 PhysicsSoc

Saturday Div 2

MathSoc A 4-2 Post-GradSA B

PoliticsSoc 4-4 Architecture

Sunday Div 1

GeogSoc 0-2 LawSoc

CypriotSoc 6-3 St. Peter’s

CivSoc 4-1 MechSoc

Sunday Div 2

JewishSoc vs FAGs = Walkover to FAGs

EnglishSoc 0-2 HistorySoc

BioSoc A 1-4 Neuroscience