155 ‘sugar babies’ at Nottingham

Female students are flocking to a ‘sugar daddy dating site’ where 80% of relationships involve sex

| UPDATED student dating student prostitution sugar daddy

Female students from Nottingham Uni are flocking to a ‘sugar daddy dating’ website, it has emerged.

A total of 155 Notts students have registered for SeekingArrangement.com, which matches rich older men with good-looking women.

Nottingham is the fourth fastest growing UK uni on the site, behind Cambridge, LSE and Kent.

80% of relationships on the site involve sex

The site is used by rich businessmen with an average income of £170,000 a year. Sugar babies can sign up for free if they sign up with their uni email address.

In exchange for a relationship, they are lavished with gifts and even cash allowances. The average female student on the site receives £5000 a month.

A survey last year revealed 80% of matches on SeekingArrangement involve sex. But its founder Brandon Wade denied it was a form of prostitution.

He said: “Because the relationship between a sugar daddy and a sugar baby is romantic in nature, most sugar relationships will likely involve ‘sex’ … And because a sugar daddy is expected to be the generous gentleman, ‘money’ will always be spent on the sugar baby. I don’t see anything wrong (or illegal) with that!”

TOP 20 FASTEST GROWING SUGAR BABY UNIS, DETERMINED BY NUMBER OF NEW SIGN-UPS IN 2012:

1 University of Cambridge – 168
2 London School of Economics – 163
3 University of Kent – 160
4 University of Nottingham – 155
5 Glasgow Caledonian University – 154
6 University of Southampton – 153
7 Oxford Brooks University – 150
8 University of Edinburgh – 148
9 University of St. Andrews – 147
10 University College London – 140
11 Brunel University, London – 137
12 University of East London – 136
13 University of Manchester – 134
14 Goldsmith, University of London – 133
15 University of Exeter – 129
16 Queens University Belfast – 120
17 University of Westminster – 115
18 University of Leeds – 98
19 University of Surrey – 96
20 London South Bank University – 89