Waterlogged Pitches Rain on IMS Parade

Football dreams begin to circle the drain

With the leagues now swamped with unfulfilled fixtures, the Inter-Mural Sports committee has taken the difficult decision of cancelling football fixtures for the third week running. 

The move takes sport at the University of Nottingham into unchartered waters as any hopes of normal service resuming were sent down the drain by an email forwarded to all sports secretaries and captains last night:

“Unfortunately, there will be no games at Grove Farm again this weekend due to the severe amount of rain we’ve had, the grounds staff have made the decision to cancel all matches”

While there are fears that the enthusiasm for IMS football may dry out, it is believed to be far more likely that the puddle-filled pitches will only serve to whet the appetite of many players. Winless outfits like MusSoc and Neuroscience Football may even take advantage of the puddles for some much-needed self-reflection – a break, at least, from the usual flood of tears.

In better news, the hopes of sports such as rugby and netball playing are not quite washed out yet. With football out of the picture, they will be praying their games go ahead so they can soak up some much-deserved attention.

For all your IMS updates and news, look no further than the Tab Sports Team: we’ll be first to supply you with scores, match reports and fixture news. Follow us on Twitter (@TabNottsSport) to be the very first of your teammates in the know.