Ten Tunes to…Play at Pre-Drinks

Ten tunes to unite your crowd and get the drinks flowing on a Friday…

Friday night in Nottingham. Unless you really don’t know how things are done, you’re probably heading to either Dollop or Ocean.

There is a standard pattern to pre-drinks. The people and the drinking games come hand in hand but the music is something people always argue over. So we’ve solved your dilemma. 

The Tab has put together an eclectic playlist, incorporating a couple of 90s classics, enough electro-house and a little dose of hip hop to get you all in the mood for wherever you might be heading. Both nights cater to extremes in music taste, so as such we can’t accommodate everybody.

So, if you don’t like the song, drink. If you do, drink anyway… 

Up Yours – Tonight. An upbeat disco tune to get conversation and drinks flowing.

Hot Natured – Benediction. A touch mellow for pre-drinks but Pete Tong’s tune of the summer promises some reminiscing and some ridiculous dance moves.

Jean Jacques Smoothie – 2 People. Bringing back a classic.

Rita Ora – How We Do. This will keep your Ocean loving mates singing. Play the B.I.G original for a happy medium.

TNGHT – Higher Ground. Hudson Mohawke and Lunice team up to provide a distinctive beat as TNGHT. This is bound to get stuck in everyone’s heads.

Julio Bashmore – Au Seve. A more popular one from Bashmore that might get some play in a bigger club if you’re lucky.

V V Brown – Shark In The Water (Blame remix). Drum and bass twist on a pop favorite.  Something in it for everyone.

Skream – Anticipate (Netsky remix). Netsky puts his unmistakable spin on Skream’s  anthem.

Pharoahe Monch – Simon Says. If this doesn’t get you in the mood, we don’t know what will.

Baby D – Let Me Be Your Fantasy. Ending on a high with this. We all know it and we all love it. Check out the Mensah remix for something heavier.