Trend Alert! STUDS + SPIKES

Fashion fiends, it’s time to take a walk on your wild side…

Fashion fiends, it’s time to take a walk on your wild side. Give in to the bad-girl look that has been invading high street stores this Autumn.

Reminiscent of the 80’s punk era and refreshed by the likes of Lady Gaga and Kristen Stewart, studs and spikes are glamorous whilst also being edgy at the same time; it can be dressed down or dressed up and emphasized – depending on your style.

Here’s how:

Campus Studs

Be eye-catching in your lectures with this cherry-red studded sweater from Rare.

Stud Shoulder Jumper
Rare
£39.00

Coco Tang’s Bad Girl

Be the only girl not decked out in peplum with this daring bodycon dress with studded detail on the shoulders…

Oh My Love Stud Shoulder Dress
ASOS
£36.00

Or for something more feminine, opt for a floaty dress like this one to show off your figure…

Martyna Stud Bust Dress
Missguided
£32.99

For the Sweetheart

Girly instead of grungy, this pretty high-collared shirt ticks all the boxes…

Rachel Studded Blouse by Goldie
Topshop
£44.00

The Dynamic Duo

These two are the key pieces for this trend…

I see a leather jacket as an investment, so my advice is to buy one made with real leather with a few studs. It could be pricey, but this way you can wear it for numerous winters and it will stay in style.

Leather Biker Jacket
Zara
£169.00

These slightly heeled boots can be worn with leggings to accentuate your legs and add some edge to any outfit, day or night.

Neptune Stud Boots
Office
£70.00

Accessories

River Island has an amazing selection of studded accessories to glam up an outfit. The Tab loves:

Silver Tone Leather Spike Collar
River Island
£20.00

Black Studded Leather Gloves
River Island
£30.00

Grey Studded Purse
River Island
£17.00