Onscreen Flying Corpse Frightens Children

Light-hearted trip to Madagascar 3 turns sinister after cinema shows wrong film

'Paranormal Activity 4' 'Madagascar 3'

Children as young as five were left terrified after technicians at Cineworld, Cornerhouse accidentally showed Paranormal Activity 4 instead of Madagascar 3.

Angry parents hit out at the cinema after sitting through two minutes of the 15-rated film, which opens with a corpse flying towards the camera.

Paranormal Activity 4 is rated 15

Natasha Lewis, who was accompanied by her 8-year-old son Dylan to see the family friendly film, told Yahoo!  the scene was “enough to make grown men jump, so you can imagine the terror in these young faces.”

She continued: “Everybody just scrambled for the exits, all you could hear were children crying and screaming. Everyone was very upset. I’ve watched a few horror films in my time but the ‘Paranormal Activity’ films are the scariest since ‘The Exorcist’.

“All you could hear were children crying and screaming”

“It was only about two minutes worth of the film but it was enough to scar them for life. There were parents and kids in there, including some children who were younger than Dylan.”

A spokesperson said, “We take matters such as this very seriously and are currently working with technicians to ensure this does not happen again.”