TREND ALERT: Tartan

Team up tartan prints with furs, leather and sophisticated shapes for a truly classic or punk look on campus this season.

Vivienne Westwood’s trademark checks have been in our sights for a long time now, and it’s about time they hit our high streets again.

Thanks to the likes of Michael Kors, this A/W heritage and tartan has become a key trend.

Michael Kors, A/W 2012, New York Fashion Week.

Boohoo, £12  Plaid can either be sophisticated or it can take you back to the punk era. Team up with leather, studs or creepers to create a modern twist on the 70s inspired look.

ASOS £25. Two key A/W trends at once! Peplum is another of this season’s must haves, so kill two birds with one stone with this ASOS number. It’s also the perfect way to hide the side-effects of a big dinner! 

River Island £15. We’ve got a lot of love for these micro beauties, especially considering they’re currently on sale!

Missguided.co.uk £25.99

Urban Outfitters £38

Urban Outfitters £42

Button shirts up to the top, and layer them under vintage inspired knits.

New Look £16.99. It’s still all about clashing this season so team up this subtle leopard print collar with plaid leggings and it’ll do just the trick!

Fearne Cotton for very.co.uk £60. For a punk edge these gothic heels work perfectly. They’re the affordable versions of designer Jeffery Campbell’s studded creations!