The Norwich Tab is looking for new writers and wants you to get involved

You don’t need any experience, just ideas

It’s a new year at UEA and we’re looking for new writers with fresh takes. From comedic polls to local news stories, we want you to join the Norwich Tab team in this year like no other. Whether you’re a first year with something funny to say about halls, or a masters student frustrated with online learning – the Norwich Tab wants you to write about it.

The Norwich Tab is run and written by UEA students, keeping the student community up to date on all things Norwich. We haven’t been able to hold an open meeting this year but don’t let that stop you from getting involved. All the information you need is online, right here.

So, what is the Tab?

The Tab is a student news site with local teams across the UK and millions of monthly readers. Our Facebook page has over 8,000 likes and as a student writer any articles you publish will be posted there, and be available to read on the The Tab’s website.

We cover local news, like UEA’s teaching this semester and first year accommodation scandal, and post comedy quizzes and articles too, like what your favourite UNIO drink says about you and finding out which UEA campus toilets you are based on your personality.

Why the Tab?

The Norwich Tab can give an incomparable platform for your writing and offer insight and understanding as to how modern news media really works.

Our Norwich team works with an Assistant Editor based at the Tab HQ in London who provides training, offers advice and the supports the team to stay on top of the latest stories.

Tab alumni have gone on to work for famous publications around the world including The Times, Cosmopolitan and VICE.

Want to get involved? Follow this link for all the information on how to write for us.