Image may contain: Nature, Automobile, Car, Vegetation, Machine, Wheel, Road, Truck, Plant, Grass, Vehicle, Transportation, Bus, Human, Person

Police called to suspicious package at UEA, turns out to be a deep fat fryer left on 25 bus

At least two police cars were present as well as several members of UEA security

This morning pedestrians and vehicles were prevented from walking and driving down University Drive by a team of UEA security.

At least two police cars were present as traffic and pedestrians were redirected to different routes. There were security stationed at points along the road, estimated to be at least 15 members of the security team present.

Joely Fox, a third year International Relations student who was there told The Tab: "Security was just stood calmly redirecting people, it was very well handled I think." She continued, "Plus it was before 9am I saw, so everyone was happy to be sheep."

In a statement to The Norwich Tab, Norfolk Police said: "Police were called around 8.30am this morning, Thursday 21 March 2019, to reports of a suspicious package left on a bus in Chancellors Drive at the UEA.

"Officers attended and further enquiries revealed that the package, a Tefal deep fat fryer, had been left on the bus by mistake."

The University announced that the road is open again with a tweet: "The road has now reopened and traffic conditions are now returning to normal."