Image may contain: Human, Person, Police Car, Transportation, Automobile, Vehicle, Car

Police arrest man in 20s after report of rape at UEA lake last night

Police are keen to speak to any witnesses or anyone that may have information

The UEA lake is cordoned off as police investigations are underway after a woman reported being raped last night.

Police have arrested a man in his 20s, who is being questioned.

In a statement, Norfolk Police say that a man approached the victim between 2am and 2:30am, and attacked her near the lake.

Norfolk Police sent the following statement: "Detectives are investigating after a woman reported being raped in Norwich yesterday morning (Thursday 6th December 2018).

"The incident happened at the UEA in Earlham Road, sometime between 2am and 2:30am, when the victim was approached by a man, who then attacked her near to the lake.

"An area has been sealed off whilst initial enquiries are carried out and the victim is being supported by specialist officers.

"A man, aged in his 20s, has been arrested in connection with the incident and was taken to Wymondham Police Investigation Centre, where he'll be questioned.

"Officers are keen to speak to any witnesses or anyone that may have any information regarding the incident. They're asked to contact DS Matt Jenkins at Norwich CID on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111"

The University told The Norwich Tab: “Norfolk Police are investigating a reported rape near the UEA Broad. The University is doing everything it can to support the police with their investigations.”

Image credit: C E Matthews/Concrete