A definitive list of everything to do in Norwich this Christmas

All I want for Christmas is Grosvenor’s fish and chips Christmas dinner

Hide Images

So it is finally December and the start of December. For some of us (me) it has been Christmas since 1st November and have already watched Love Actually and listened to Michael Bublé entirely guilt free. But now the festive season has officially arrived, here are some things to do in Norwich to add some Christmas spirit amongst the looming deadlines.

The tunnel of light

Just to start off with the most obvious one. An Instagram essential – the tunnel of light. This is its third year in the city and has never failed to impress with its 50,000 LED lights and almost six miles of light strings filling the 45-metre-long tunnel. The 2018 display also includes a James Bond style sequence of speeding lights. Norwich has also stepped up its game with the other lights around Norwich with the Jarrolds display being a particular highlight.

If you have never been in Norwich for Christmas, this is a MUST! But no worries, because it's impossible to miss. Make sure to take a typical boomerang and upload to all your social media, so people know you have been – otherwise it doesn't count.

Ice skating

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bqc35DPjZoO

The Castle Mall Gardens ice rink is back for its fourth year in a row from 14th December until 6th January. So if you fancy doing something festive just before everyone leaves to go home at the end of the semester, students can get a reduced ticket price of £8.50 and can be pre-booked now on their website.

If you are a bit more adventurous and have no fear of falling, this is definitely for you. This year it will be coming bigger and better than ever at the Castle Mall Gardens from the 14th December 2018 until 6th January 2019. Family time, friends day out or even a cute date, make sure you don't miss it!

Christmas markets

Savoir Fayre’s Christmas Market will be running from 7th-23rd December in front of the Forum on the Millennium Plain, continuing down Gentleman’s Walk, and is completely free to go to. The market will include more than 40 stalls selling traditional festive wares and will be open 9am to 7pm on weekdays and from 9am to 5pm on weekends. We all like a free entry so make sure to check it out!

Lot's on offer here!

Also, the fourth annual Norwich Vegans Christmas Market is happening at OPEN on the 2nd December with loads of vegan goodies to buy and try, so make sure not to miss out!

Cinema City

From 2nd-24th December Cinema City (on St. Andrews Street) is putting on "12 Days of Christmas" with a selection of festive favourites showing throughout December. These will include everything from Die Hard to It’s A Wonderful Life. Also you can take hot chocolate or an alcoholic drink from their café into the screening with you for added festive cheer.

Norwich Christmas Fayre

The first EVER Norfolk Christmas Fayre will be happening this year in Norwich and you cannot miss it! It is located at the Norwich Cathedral, opening at 10am until 6pm.

Grosvenor Fish Bar CHRISTMAS DINNER?!?!

Christmas Dinner from Tripadvisor’s number one Norwich restaurant. Battered stuffing balls, turkey sausages, gravy and cranberry sauce. Vegetarian me had to sit in utter jealousy as this was being devoured.

Macarons & More

Norwich’s independent restaurants and café’s have pulled through this Christmas with Macarons & More making festive hot chocolates and gingerbread Christmas trees stacks, which all look INCREDIBLE.

Or maybe just… EXPLORE !

Whether this is your first year in Norwich for Christmas or you've been here for a long time, there is always new things to discover. Little markets, shops, cafes and activities. Christmas Carols Singers, Choirs (like the Norwich Cathedral Choir) and Christmas theatre plays. Maybe even adventure outside of Norwich and visit nearby towns and their Christmas celebrations, you never know what you'll find !