Image may contain: Office Building, Building

Death of student, 20, confirmed by University

He was discovered in University halls on Thursday morning

A male student, 20, has been discovered dead in university halls on campus yesterday morning.

The Norwich Evening News reported that: "A UEA spokesman said the student had died at the university’s Kett House accommodation block."

In a statement to The Norwich Tab, Norfolk Police said:

"Police were called at 9:51am yesterday (Thursday 11 October 2018) by the East of England Ambulance Service following concerns of a resident at the UEA.

"Officers attended and the body of a man, aged in his 20s, was sadly found

"Enquiries carried out at the scene have confirmed there were no suspicious circumstances surrounding the death. A file will be prepared for Her Majesty's Coroner."

It is with great sadness that we can confirm the sudden and unexpected death of a 20-year-old male student at UEA. The…

Posted by University of East Anglia (UEA) on Thursday, October 11, 2018

The university released an official statement yesterday evening:

"It is with great sadness that we can confirm the sudden and unexpected death of a 20-year-old male student in one of the residences at UEA.

"The police and Coroner have been notified and an inquest will be held in due course

"The death of any student is a tragedy that we all feel deeply. Our thoughts and condolences are with the student's family and friends.

"Counselling has been offered to students and staff directly affected and we would urge anyone across the University community who feels they need support to contact Student Support or the Students Union"

The university told The Norwich Tab that "This is now in the hands of the Coroner and there will be an inquest to establish what happened"