Image may contain: Drink, Beverage, Alcohol, Party, Night Life, Night Club, Club, Person, People, Human

An unofficial dictionary of all the UEA words you need to know

Be one step ahead

Every university has their own lingo and UEA is no different. This little dictionary consists of all the key words you need to know, and most of all, helps you avoid the embarrassment of having to ask someone what the what the 5 Ls are at a pres.

5 Ls

LCR, library, lake, lecture theatres and the launderette. 5 fairly standard places on campus by all accounts, but they're also 5 places students try and have sex on campus. If you do all five you are an absolute legend. You're supposed to get an L tattooed on your bum if you manage it, but we also know you're probably lying, because doing it in the launderette is basically impossible, isn't it?

Snakebite

Also known as a Snakey B, this is the heavenly combination of half cider, half lager and a drizzle of blackcurrant cordial. I don't know who invented it but thank you SO MUCH. It's the perfect accompaniment for watching sports in the bar with the lads and for the bargain price of £2.50, it's an essential to all UEA students.

VKs

Whilst on the topic of drinks, many of the baby freshers coming to university will have never heard of VKs. Think of it as WKD but better. They're pretty much just pure sugar with a hint of alcohol, so two for £4 isn't bad and pretty much all anyone can afford after Fresher's Week has ended. The only downfall is that I guarantee someone will lob an empty one at your head in the middle of the LCR.

Image may contain: Laughing, Face, Drink, Beverage, Alcohol, Person, People, Human

Always get the orange VK.

PMB

Pimp My Barrow, one of the greatest days in the UEA calendar. Essentially you get into teams, dress up and jazz up a wheelbarrow. It is all in the name of charity, but lets be honest, it is a day for students to get dressed up and absolutely smashed in the square together. If you make it to the LCR night after then you are a true warrior.

Image may contain: Swimwear, Clothing, Bikini, Parade, Crowd, Person, People, Human

Ziggs

Norfolk Terrace and Suffolk Terrace make up the Ziggurats accomodation which are the pyramid-looking blocks. At first they look really edgy but you'll soon realise they are actually just like green houses with no sanitation. Despite this, the Ziggs have the wildest pres on campus and that is 100% fact. So just make sure you find a friend in the Ziggs or you'll miss out.

Loft

There are plenty of clubs in Norwich like the LCR, Mantra and The Waterfront but for some reason, the gem that is Loft is often overlooked. What more can you want from a club than karaoke nights, cheap as chips drinks, and cheesy music. It's also got random plane seating in one part, which always looks cool in photos and is great if you need a little break from your antics. It may be small but my god, it is a sick night out.

Image may contain: Party, Furniture, Couch, Person, People, Human

Fly to the best night out in Norwich every Thursday

Red VS Blue Bar

The student bar is split in half as people chill in the Red Bar by day and then get plastered in the Blue Bar by night. You can tell the difference by the colours of the rooms, of course, but you never really realise until your on Damn Good and A-List nights out, when you find yourself downstairs of the LCR in the blue bar. It all looks very different in the dark and when you're 4 tequila shots deep…

Damn Good

This cheese-fest occurs every Tuesday at the LCR. If you love "Mr Brightside" by The Killers, this is the night out for you; but you also need to love it so much that you are willing to hear it twice a week, every week. Full of tunes from the 90s/00s, it's the ultimate nostalgia fest and an all round great night out. Let me tell you now though, no one follows the fancy dress themes they come up with. Save the fancy dress for your society socials.