Image may contain: Pc, Laptop, Electronics, Computer, Person, People, Human

Meet the two UEA students who were proposed to at graduation

Crack open the champagne!

Last week marked the end of hundreds of students' time at UEA, but for two it also marked some very special new beginnings, as they were proposed to at their graduation ceremonies.

Sasha Fountain, who studied Philosophy and Gemma Tue, a graduating Paramedic, both received surprise proposals from their other halves while they were graduating last week.

Sasha, who graduated with a first class honours and is now training as a teacher, told the Eastern Daily Press: “I was completely oblivious. Everybody knew except me.

"It’s quite funny really when you’re not expecting it and when someone plans it for months. I’m really, really happy and very pleased, it’s all a bit surreal."

Image may contain: Suit, Overcoat, Coat, Clothing, Person, People, Human

Gemma, who graduated with a degree in Paramedic Science was proposed to by her partner Emma on Thursday.

She was completely oblivious to Emma's plan, and told The Tab: "I had absolutely no idea she was going to ask me!"

Image may contain: Person, People, Human

Gemma continued: "I was told we were going for a family meal but she had arranged a surprise party with all of her family to celebrate!

"UEA is a great uni, graduation was fantastic a really proud day!"

On her plans with Emma and life after university, she said: "I’ve now relocated to work out of Luton as a paramedic and myself and Emma are buying a house."

We can't think of a better way to bring the past few years at the Home of the Wonderful to a close.