Image may contain: Blackboard

The best places in Norwich to watch the World Cup

Pint in one hand, Wavin’ flag in the other

Whilst the idea that Football Coming Home originally seemed more of a distant dream than something that could actually happen, fast forward a few weeks and we now find ourselves on the cusp of victory, having made it in the semi finals of the actual world cup.

The Tab Norwich have put together a guide of all the best places in Norwich where you can watch *the* game which will leave you spoilt for choice.

The Murderer's Pub, Timberhill

Located right in the city centre, this is a pub with a lot of history and having been in place since the 1530s, has surely seen a lot more than 30 years of hurt. They're also offering the chance to win a £50 bar tab if you take a pic with their Harry Kane cutout, so yet another excuse to get down there.

COMPETITION DROP @ THE MURDERERS! x

Posted by Molly Cutter on Tuesday, June 19, 2018

The Bell Hotel, Orford Hill

Image may contain: Oven, Electrical Device, Appliance, Restaurant, Cafe, Vehicle, Transportation, Model T, Car, Automobile, Antique Car

Everyone's favourite Norwich spoons, the Bell Hotel, previously posted on their Facebook that if England won the World Cup, they would offer half price drinks for the next week. This post has since myseriously disappeared, but luckily Spoons is as cheap as chips anyway, you really can't go wrong here.

The Mischief, Fye Bridge Street

Image may contain: Poster, Paper, Flyer, Brochure, Blackboard

Image may contain: Party, Crowd, Person, People, Human

Is that football on the phone? Yeah, it's coming home

The Mischief is a favourite of many UEA students and is always offering great drinks deals while keeping a very traditional pub setting. Mischief are also offering special World Cup drinks deals as shown above, so the more goals scored, the cheaper your evening will be, woo! Many a (not so) memorable student night out has started at Mischief, and hopefully it will be one to remember for all the right reasons.

P.S. There's also a jukebox in the back so you can blast out all your fave world cup tunes after the game.

The SU Bar, Campus

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZYtKccgH9m

We can't write a student guide to Norwich pubs and bars without including UEA's very own SU bar. Thankfully, it remains open over summer for all those students still round Norwich, and it's hosting all the world cup games! If you don't fancy going further afield into the city, then this is the perfect place for you. They're also serving pizza every night from 4, so you can eat while you're watching the match.

The Black Horse, Earlham Road

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bkf27OUBLxE

Earlham Road is a heavily student populated area and also home to the Black Horse pub. With it's garden fully equipped for the football, it's great if you fancy something more al-fresco. You'll have to get in quick though as although tickets are free, there's a limit of 2pp and it's very likely to be sold out by the time the game kicks off.

WEDNESDAYS ENGLAND MATCHDue to silly boys drinking too much on Saturday we are limiting how many people we will let in…

Posted by The Black Horse on Sunday, July 8, 2018

St Andrew's Brewhouse, St Andrews Street

The last place on our list is St Andrew's Brewhouse. Another pub in the city centre, they've got a great food menu and a huge selection of craft beers. If you're wanting something more chilled out with some great food too, this is probably the perfect place for you; book a table here.

Whether you're an avid football fan, or just in it for the spirit of the World Cup, this is an unmissable game and an excuse to see what great pubs Norwich city has on offer!