Fairtrade Soc is gifting us with a Free Wine and Chocolate Quiz night

Fighting exam blues and poverty? It’s almost c.v. worthy

Hide Images

This is not a drill. This Friday (27th) UEA Fairtrade Society will be hosting a free chocolate and wine quiz night. If this sounds like a dream evening, which is a trick question because the answer is obviously yes.

The night is being held in Arts 01.05 at 6pm. For those of you with a competitive side, the winner of the quiz will receive a Fairtrade hamper, filled with goodies.

Talking to the Tab Norwich, Aukse Vijeikyte from UEA's Fairtrade Society, told us a bit about the society: 'We are UEA’s Fairtrade society. We aim to promote the use of Fairtrade products on campus by showing students that it isn’t that expensive and by also ensuring that the shops and food outlets have Fairtrade options.'

The night was originally planned for March but was postponed due to snow.

Adding 'Thus far we have held the following events: Fairtrade bake sales, a free chocolate and wine night and speakers night for Fairtrade fortnight, we have hosted a body shop party and perhaps the biggest thing – been working tirelessly to gain the university Fairtrade status. This is given by the Fairtrade foundation to universities who show dedication to the cause and we are well on our way to this.'

Somethings in life are best shared, so call upon your sad girls, that flatmate that has spent so long in the library they have started to physically mould into the shelves. Or alternatively show the sesh gremlins in your life that Friday has more to offer than a night out at the Waterfront or Soul Train. If you're interested you can find out more here on the event page.