Image may contain: Trademark, Logo

UEA’s Zig Zag Festival is back

If you’re a student creative type nows your time

Back for it second year is UEA's very own student run creative arts festival; Zig Zag. Organised by the Live Music Society and Livewire, it has a whole host of different societies taking part and performing.

This year it will be taking place on April 21st, with the whole festival being free entry. The Tab Norwich spoke to Megan Browne, president of LMS, to ask her about the festival;

"Zig Zag is more than just a few societies clubbing together and making a racket – it’s a chance for creative students to share the hours, days and months worth of hard work with the UEA population that exists beyond their society. Although we have a real range of talents and disciplines for students to get involved in – Zig Zag started as, and eventually comes down to being, a chance for ALL student musicians (regardless of their society) to perform and share their music – which is especially important at a uni that doesn’t offer a music degree."

Image may contain: Poster, Paper, Flyer, Brochure

Some of the events that took place last year.

Heres a quick run down of some of the societies involved so far:

– LMS (featuring the winners of Battle of the Bands)

– Livewire

– EMS

– Music Society

– Spoken Word

– Headlights Comedy

– Cheer Squad

Plus there will also be a student marketplace taking place along the street. In the evening the Electronic music society will be hosting a DJ set at A-List's VIPres, allowing you to enjoy the festivites all the way up to that Saturday's LCR A-List.

Sounds pretty good right? Well if you want to get involved don't worry you can. If you represent a society and want in, click here to fill out a form to apply. Fancy getting in on the student market with your own stall? Click here and finally, if you're part of a band or a solo artist and want to play click here.

All applications MUST be in by Friday 23rd March 2018. Follow this link to the Zig Zag 2018 event page to keep up to date with the latest news