Image may contain: Poster, Paper, Flyer, Brochure

The SU are promising you incentives to vote in the officer elections

In a bid to raise turnout

Remember the 10ft 'statue' in the Hive last year of Cloud Dog (it was pretty hard to miss) and the free ice cream? That was all thanks to the effort of students voting in the officer elections last year.

Image may contain: Oven, Electrical Device, Appliance, Sculpture, Art

RIP Cloud Dog

They're back at it again, offering even more incentives in an effort to help boost turnout in the SU officer elections, which is notoriously rather bad.

The SU will be providing individual rewards such as discounted A List tickets and £1 free printing credit, as well as treats for the whole student body to enjoy.

So what will each amount of votes get?

250 votes: Free hot drink upgrade at UNIO
500 votes: Free stress relief kits during exam period
750 votes: Free toast in UNIO for the rest of the election
1000 votes: Free entry to Meltdown
1250 votes: Entry to draw for shop (SU) basket dash, pizza for uni life, LCR gold pass
1500 votes: 20% off in the shop for a day
2000 votes: We'll have Dave Benson Phillips and his trailer of entertainment in The Square
2500 votes: Free Ice Cream all day in The Square
3000 votes: Priority Release of Pimp My Barrow tickets to voters
3500 votes: Free karaoke during exam period
4000 votes: LCR ball pit in the pit and giant inflatable rabbit
5000 votes: Free entry to an LCR night
7500 votes: Dave Benson Phillips will gunge the officers in The Square
8500 votes: 50% off in the shop for a day

As shown on the SU website.

The SU offering rewards is all part of the fun, but at the end of the day it is super important that you vote and get your voice heard, so that the SU can become more representative of the student body. You haven't got long either as voting closes at midday on Tuesday 6th March.

Whether you're voting because you're passionate about the elections or you just really want to see Dave Benson Phillips and make your childhood dreams come true, cast your votes online via the SU website.